Right now, AAPAW needs volunteers to fill the following positions. Applicants interviewing for the Co-Coordinator positions should volunteer at several events to better understand the position and AAPAW’s mission before being considered.
Adoption Events Co-Coordinator
The Adoption Events Co-Coordinators are responsible for planning adoption events. Events are booked through a location point person. Once event is booked, coordinator will need to communicate date, location, times, and other relevant details to Volunteer Coordinator and Communications Committee (for signage and calendaring). Adoption Event Co-coordinators will work with Volunteer Coordinator to staff the event. AAPAW wants to foster the relationships we currently have with Adoption Event hosts (such as PetCo, PetSmart, Lifetime Fitness) but are also looking for new, out-of-the-box venues. This position will require someone willing to seek out these new opportunities. Volunteer Coordinator will also get rescue groups to sign-up for events and allocate space assignments.
The Volunteer Co-Coordinator would alternate with existing Volunteer Coordinator to cover all AAPAW events. Responsibilities (some of which can be delegated to general volunteers) include:
- Building volunteer base,
- Recruiting volunteers for events,
- Bringing supplies for the events to and from the storage unit
- Manning the booth and assigning duties for the volunteers,
- Working closely with the Event Coordinator regarding upcoming events and volunteer needs,
- Keeping up with inventory of t-shirts, literature, flyers and communicating needs with the event coordinator,
- Conducting vet-record checks at adoption events,
- Placement of signage at adoption events,
- Accounting for and depositing donations received at the events.
Adoption Event Volunteers
Under direction of the Volunteer Coordinator and Adoption Event Coordinator, the adoption event volunteers would:
- Set up/break down of event venue
- Assist rescue groups in walking dogs/cleaning cages
- Direct traffic to event and pass out flyers
- Tally and record adoption numbers and make announcements to crowd
- Gather participant information and enter into computer for future events