The mission of Alamo Area Partners for Animal Welfare (AAPAW) is to bring animal welfare organizations, veterinarians and the community together in partnership to improve the lives of animals in the San Antonio area.
AAPAW is committed to providing the San Antonio area with overall leadership on animal welfare issues. AAPAW is developing as a central resource to help coordinate and solidify the efforts of the City, animal welfare organizations, the San Antonio Area Foundation, businesses, individuals, the veterinary community and the community at large to reach the goal of making San Antonio a city that provides for the welfare of its companion animals – in support of The Animal Care Strategic Plan for the City of San Antonio. AAPAW will implement the procedures and programs required to accomplish this goal.
An integral part of our vision for the future entails the application of the following Primary Activities:
- Ensure that every adoptable homeless dog or cat finds a home
- End overpopulation by increasing spay and neuter activities
- Educate citizens in order to prevent animal abuse and promote pet retention through responsible pet ownership
AAPAW's key programs include:
- Multi-Rescue Adoption Events
- Bexas County ACS Assistance Program
- Rescue Group Support Services
- Spay/Neuter Voucher Program
- Heartworm Treatment Program
- Good Samaritan Program